don't know if this has been posted already, but haven't seen this before. Very good view and sound of Dragon Attack day 2
Picking up on this in a more current thread; I saw a comment a little while ago that I missed noting at the time, but seeing it again here, I think it warrants an airing .
amazing.....what's fascinating is how two incredible vocalists/entertainers approach these songs ..when Freddie took the stage...it was purposeful...commanding....with Adam...he basically free flows and most often with a wink...unfiltered like his personal life ....commonality .....interpretative genius. mokuluaiki
"at his core, he is the hardest thing to come by in pop culture: a genuinely free-spirited, easygoing flower child who prizes love over money, peace over power." (Rolling Stone Magazine)
Well, if we gonna just make stuff up, let’s at least make it fabulous and fantastic.
1. Sir Richard Branson heard about the Queen + Adam Lambert shows in London and called Adam to ask him to perform on the moon. He will depart from Spaceport America in New Mexico on August 1, 2012 and return to earth on August 11, 2012. Adam offered to bring his own oxygen tank.
2. James Cameron is producing a 3-D version of Wayne’s world and is talking to Adam’s management about having Adam perform “Bohemian Rhapsody”. Brian May and Roger Taylor are on board already. And, John Deacon has said he will come out of retirement to do this film if Adam agrees to participate.
3. I have learned from someone close to Adam, I can’t tell you who it is but trust me, that Adam has been writing a young adult series of books about a young man’s quest for fame as a singer and performer. Scholastic Books has offered $5 million for the rights. Adam’s management is negotiating.
4. Idol and Adam are indeed talking. Idol offered Adam a new position with the show – the Judge of Last Resort. The Judge of Last Resort has the final say and before someone is eliminated from Idol, can save the contestant. Everything is agreed upon except the clothing allowance.
5. Adam will be coming out with a men’s clothing line. The line is notable for the limited color palette – just four basic colors: black (OK I did not need to be a psychic.), gray, red and white. Plus, leopard print, metallic zebra stripes and a distinctive star print.
6. Adam is working on a country album – in the style of Roy Orbison – operatic country music. He played tracks of this new, unreleased album for Kevin Reilly, President of Fox Entertainment Group, Inc. and the deal was done. This album will be released in November, 2012 in time for Christmas, and before Adam’s debut as an Idol Judge.
7. Adam gets signed up by PETA and does an anti-fur ad campaign posing naked. The full monty. After that, Adam rules the throne of the sexiest man alive for a decade.
8. Brian and Roger make a mini CD with Adam which includes 3 new songs, WWTLF performance as a tribute to Queenbert shows and a rock-opera version of OOL, honouring Adam and the cause.
9. After seeing his brilliant appearance in PLL, Baz Luhrmann sees Adam's potential and hires him for a new version of Moulin Rouge, even more spectacular, where Adam plays Christian. They negotiate for months whether Satine should be played by a woman or a man.
10. Adam realizes that singing is too limiting for him and turns his shows into multi-media performances, integrating acting, dancing, video clips, book reading and cooking in them, including various guests. The show lasts for 5 hours, gets critical acclaim and a bunch of awards. Adam gets signed as a host of his own TV show.
11. He gets an invitation to sing at the White House. Fans keep guessing what he will sing. Adam surprises everyone by doing Nessun Dorma from Turandot. The pictures of the presidential family and guests in tears circle the globe. Adam steals the 'show' once again, showing that his star will always outshine all the others.
12. Adam gets his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, with the extra special touch of glitter on it.
Post by myspencer50 on Jul 29, 2012 9:41:43 GMT -5
I hope Adam and Sauli get to relax and stay in the same time zone for awhile! Hangout with friends and enjoy the amazing weather that we are having right now, maybe by their pool. More travel and jet lag will be coming soon!
"Nature and nurturing collided to create this amazing artist who will change the world by being who he is with no apologies or regret, with a note or a word at a time."~ mmadamimadamm
Post by mmmgoodcracker on Jul 29, 2012 10:05:19 GMT -5
Since I have done a write-up for every Adam concert, I figured I should do one for the Des Moines concert as well. Scroll if it gets too long!
I just got back from the Des Moines concert and had a fabulous time. Since it was all day festival, I left the Quad Cities after lunch and drove to Des Moines. When I got there the security let me into the seated area on stage left as a fan, but said that my seat number wasn't accurate because they had to configure the chairs differently than they expected, but to count your rows and sit in an empty seat. Ok....but....the change caused a lot of angst amongst the people that paid a lot of money for a specific seat. I had row 4, so I saw a lot of people angry, even crying that other people were sitting in their front row seat!
During Neon Trees, Tommy was spotted right in front of me. People were whispering, taking pictures and paying attention to Tommy rather than the band. The ripple was really profound when Adam was sighted trying to watch Neon Trees. When I first started sensing the crowds attention wander from the band again, I looked over and there was Adam! What an electric jolt I felt when I saw his unbelievable beauty where I wasn't expecting it. Soon everybody was pointing and saying Adam, including me! I felt bad because Neon Trees was doing an excellent job and we were focused on Adam instead, but I really couldn't help myself. I admit I squeeled like the little 3 year old right in front of me!
Obviously when Adam started I was beyond myself. Anyone who met me in London probably will remember me dancing. I just can't help it. Adam sings and I have to dance!! Have to!! I am pretty sure that Adam noticed me and we made eye contact several times mostly because 1). I was the only one that I saw wearing a Queen + Adam Lambert Concert shirt. (Boy, I had a lot of people jealous!) 2). Remember how I can't stop dancing and singing whenever I hear him, I was the only 1 that was dancing, singing and screaming in my area. Just ask the 6 year old next to me, I was pretty hard to ignore!
Adam was very loose and just let any problems (sound) just roll off with a smile. He truly is in a joyful place and just radiates that sunshine everywhere around him. I was a little surprised that we didn't hear Outlaws of Love or Chokehold, but I think we heard everything else. Because there were so many kids, he was pretty PC. There were no mic stand/speaker sexiness or way overtly sexual moves. (Poor me!!! ) He was in good voice and sounded great, but he also adapted most of the songs so that he didn't tax his voice too much. Even though it seemed to me that he narrowed his range, I thought the adaptations were smart and pretty seamless.
I saw the woman in front of me fling the undies on stage and they had been there for quite awhile. When Adam and the band originally left the stage, he picked up a fan thrown on the stage at approximately the same place as the undies, but when he came back on for the encore he finally acknowledged the undies and started to play. He was so cute especially when he started crooning "I've got panties on my microphone!" Then it was over, he left and the air got sucked out of the venue. The sunshine had left and left us with the realization on such a cool, but overcast day that we had been briefly blessed with his heat.
When is he playing in my area again??? I will be there and I can't wait to bask in his joyful warmth once more. 8-)
vivlite: We should call shoutbox, Atop 2! I didn't know there was a separate thread going on down here..I'll have to visit more often. I see posters here I don't see on the thread. I hope that doesn't mean you feel alienated on the main thread..
May 31, 2013 19:31:04 GMT -5
lorraine: I don't know what PM"d means and OI don't know how to post on the adamtopia thread> I am hopeless!!!
Jun 3, 2013 2:38:11 GMT -5
SophieB: Hi Lorraine!Have just seen your shout out. I'll try to help with my reply on page2 of today's thread.
Jun 3, 2013 5:17:47 GMT -5
lorraine: Thank you SophieB. I hope I have followed your instructions correctly and that you receive this message. I will also have to figure out how to post on the regular thread.
Jun 3, 2013 5:51:59 GMT -5
SophieB: Lorraine I sent you a second PM with those instructions in it...perhaps you didn't see it. It's there somewhere
Jun 3, 2013 9:50:46 GMT -5
vivlite: LOL...I sent Lorraine a PM too..look for a balloon above your messages. Or click on messages and any
Jun 3, 2013 17:53:07 GMT -5
vivlite: new ones will show up as NEW in purple. The balloon doesn't always work.
Jun 3, 2013 17:53:37 GMT -5
QueeenAl: Sometimes I am happy when a day or two on Atop passes me by .... THIS IS NOT ONE OF THEM ...
Jun 7, 2013 15:40:44 GMT -5
halogirl: Hi! I just stumbled upon this webpage and registered......Now it's almost 2 a.m. I'm gonna get some shut eye for several hours. Good morning and I will do some shouting later if and when time allows this weekend.... I
Jun 8, 2013 0:41:47 GMT -5
halogirl: I'm watching ET late at night. They are showing Reese Witherspoon getting arrested. Embarrassing!.... I'd be too...only I don't drink. I missed part of it because I was busy writing this....I better get my hiney in bed and to sleep! Next nastiest feuds
Jun 8, 2013 0:47:03 GMT -5
Q3: Proboards is aware of and working on the vanishing avatar problem. I will keep you posted.
Jun 9, 2013 9:39:46 GMT -5
vivlite: Q3..I posted on page 8 about Atop freezing this afternoon and I tried again later to log in. Took forever. I posted on the thread in case others are having trouble. Do you want us to PM you?
Jun 9, 2013 17:25:16 GMT -5
Q3: Viv -- I got it from the thread. On the list.
Jun 10, 2013 0:01:17 GMT -5
vivlite: Thanks, Q3!!!
Jun 10, 2013 12:27:22 GMT -5
mszue: I did not want to try editing my earlier post Q3 but I tried again on Safari, just now, and had no problem!! ~shrug....fyi
Jun 11, 2013 14:32:22 GMT -5
mszue: And then, when posting the shout out, I got an error message...with the lined out 'angry bear' message, but the shout posted....call me confused....but they need to seriously revisit their hiring criteria as they are not getting it right, at the moment! :(
Jun 11, 2013 14:35:39 GMT -5
Q3: They are working on the Member Search function -- if you are looking for someone use the page numbers to move thru to the person you want. That is working, database look-up is not working.
Jun 17, 2013 16:16:26 GMT -5