Adam Lambert, Queen find new U.K. venue for collaborative shows
Though their initial rendezvous date was recently canceled, Adam Lambert and Queen will still perform together this summer, this time for two nights in London.
Late last month, Sonisphere Festival organizers confirmed that the July event -- which was to be headlined by Queen and Lambert -- had been canceled. The two acts released a press release Thurday confirming that the collaborative concert will instead go on July 11-12 at London's HMV Hammersmith Apollo.
Free your mind and the rest will follow...
Mistress of Adam's Closet
Adam's Closet Mistress
LISTEN: Adam Lambert Releases Bruno Mars-Produced “Never Close Our Eyes”
With Trespassing finally coming out on May 15, out rocker Adam Lambert has released the album’s latest single, “Never Close Our Eyes.” Written and produced by Bruno Mars and Dr. Luke, it’ll be available April 17 on iTunes. But you can listen to it now for free on SoundCloud. So what do you think of the song, Queerty readers? Is it “for your entertainment” or just “shady”? Sing out in the comments!
Flecking Records @fleckingrecords Reply Retweet Favorited · Open Here's our A-Z of Adam Lambert #adamlambertAtoZ -
A-Z of Adam Lambert
Check out our handy alphabetised guide to the sexy singer, Adam Lambert.
If you’re an Adam fan then you’ll know how wonderful he is, but if you’re not already a member of the Glamily then allow us to provide you with 26 facts that will have you loving the Lambert in no time.
E – Entertainer Adam isn’t just a singer, he’s a true entertainer. His vocals are incredible, but that doesn’t mean Adam relies on them. He dresses his best and he puts on one hell of a show.
G – Glamberts Adam has the talent, but it’s his fans who truly seal the deal on his success, supporting him in everything he does – sometimes going above and beyond the call of duty.
H – Hair Adam’s hair is a canvas – he’s done some amazing things with it and he frequently tops ‘best hair style’ polls.
L – Love The lovely Mr Lambert is currently loved up with Finnish reality TV personality Sauli Koskinen. They make one hell of a handsome couple!
M – Moves Adam Lambert is one hell of a mover. There’s something seriously sexy about the shapes he makes on stage during his performances.
P – Philanthropy Adam isn’t just a talented entertainer, he’s also a beautiful person. We’ve already mentioned his charity work, but that’s not all Adam does. Adam, who is openly gay, has contributed hugely to the advancement of social acceptance towards LGBT people.
U – Unplugged If you stripped most artists of their fancy production and their fancy stage shows you’d be left with a pretty boring show… but not with Adam Lambert. You would think with Adam putting on such spectacular shows that stripping down to not much more than his voice wouldn’t be that great – you’d be wrong. Adam blew everyone away with his VH1′s Unplugged performance.
Z – Zebra Trousers And finally, we were worried we might not be able to think of anything for Z but the Glamberts came to our aid. Adam is one stylish dude. Whether he’s dressing up with leather and glitter or toning down his look and keeping it casual, he always looks amazing. The Zebra pants he wore on the Jay Leno show even have their own Facebook page!
I haven't been able to keep up with Adam events this week.
Someone please explain why everyone thinks there will not be "Trespassing" Summer concerts.
Why would Adam wait until fall?
He was asked during this radio promo and he said that he and his label want to milk in every possible way this album. Lots and lots and lots of promo. It seems that they're putting everything in this promo and this album so that when he gets to have a tour, it will be as grant as he wants it to be, if of course everything turns out great. Sounds awesome to me.
Free your mind and the rest will follow...
Mistress of Adam's Closet
Adam's Closet Mistress
With all the fantabulous goodness yesterday, I am feeling on top of the world. I am ready to let go of my cautious, tempered perspective on Adam's future and dream big. So, here's my "Christmas list" for Adam in the coming year.
1. NCOE makes it to #1 on the charts and sells millions of copies world wide. Resistance is futile. The radio stations finally, enthusiastically climb on board the crazy train and play the hell out of the song. And of three or four subsequent singles from Trespassing.
2. Adam slays it on Kimmel and Idol and a bunch of yet unnamed TV appearances, winning tens of thousands of new fans who rush to buy Trespassing, earning it gold status in short order.
3. Come the 2013 Grammy awards Adam walks away with an armload full.
4. The Queen + Adam gigs are huge sell-outs. Around the world the press is falling all over themselves to cover it and laud it. For the uninitiated, viewing the YT videos and reading the reviews they say, "Who the HELL IS this guy? Where has he been? Why haven't I heard about him before?" And more than a few of the new generation say, "Freddie? Freddie, who?" Adam gets huge cred from the performances. The UK surrenders to the inevitable and embraces Adam. Queen schedules several additional concerts with Adam in the USA.
5. Queen commissions professional recordings of the concerts and releases a DVD/CD. It is a big seller and critically acclaimed earning Queen and Adam multiple Grammy nominations/awards at the 2014 Awards show.
6. Because of the success of the Queen+Adam partnership, the guys ask Adam to record new music with them. Queen featuring Adam Lambert. The show must go on!
7. Adam does his second, bigger and better international tour starting in the fall, and plays to sold out venues around the globe. (And makes a shitload of money.)
8. Adam releases a second acoustic CD of his new music, which earns him an even broader audience of people who don't listen to top 40 or rock, but who appreciate an incredible voice and an incredible interpretive artist.
9. Adam, maybe for charity, agrees to do a one-off. "An Intimate Evening with Adam Lambert." Just the man, the voice, and minimal acoustic accompaniment. He sings his new stuff, reprises some of his favorites from musical theater, and even assays some classic blues and jazz standards. Of course it is recorded, and aired on PBS where a a whole other group of uninitiated say again, "Who the HELL IS this guy?"
10. Adam is invited to appear with a world renowned opera company or opera star. He performs an aria and then launches into Trespassing, proving he has the chops to tackle ANYTHING and kill it. The YTs of the performance go viral. Now even classical artists and aficionados recognize his brilliance as an artist. (Think it is too far out? Freddie sang opera [albeit it not very well, IMO], and Pavarotti frequently sang with popular artists. It has been done before, but not as convincingly as Adam could do it.)
Like I said, I am dreaming big today. Why the hell not? He is Adam Fucking Lambert.
Love most of this! I would probably leave of the classics dot point for now. And I might add Adam as brand ambassador for a makeup line, which shows of his glittering dark witchy gothfunky style.
HUge billboards all over the autobahns! ;D
Oh and through all this CATAPULTING, he keeps a strong supportive love interest by his side.
We have the sneaking suspicion this one might be headed to radio on Monday, but Australia's Glamberts are today rejoicing the digital release of the second single from Adam's forthcoming album 'Trespassing'. 'Never Close Our Eyes' follows on from the lead single 'Better Than I Know Myself', which failed to gain traction in Australia at both radio and retail, despite huge support for the singer's previous singles including 'If I Had You', 'Whataya Want From Me' and album title track 'For Your Entertainment'.
You do not have to shout but if you want to chat....
Jun 9, 2015 9:48:49 GMT -5
flowers: QUESTION: Which is more important way to stream Ghost Town: Spotify or the official video?
Jun 11, 2015 16:37:19 GMT -5
wal: Adam should be here soon http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_two
Jun 12, 2015 7:59:04 GMT -5
wal: or here http://mixlr.com/lambrits/
Jun 12, 2015 8:21:45 GMT -5
mjd: After idiotically spending hours a couple of weeks ago making 8 hr GT playlists on 2 spotify accounts http://tinyurl.com/nc75x4b, rdio http://tinyurl.com/q8cxbar, rhapsody http://tinyurl.com/p4f5ytf, amazon plus http://tinyurl.com/pfkdp9j and google play h
Jun 12, 2015 11:28:29 GMT -5
belle: Lottery performance about to start on bbc one. First page (and pages 10-11) has the links.
Jun 13, 2015 14:39:15 GMT -5
drummer: I agree! That photo of him in that office in the big fancy chair does look like he's an duke or earl or something in a British movie. Very sexy!
Jun 14, 2015 22:04:35 GMT -5
belle: Loose Women started f. ex. http://www.filmon.tv/channel/itv1
Jun 16, 2015 6:35:35 GMT -5
belle: Adam next they say
Jun 16, 2015 6:56:07 GMT -5
wal: Adam on AOL Build http://features.aol.com/video/watch-live-adam-lambert-dishes-his-new-album-original-high#.VYGBxHZnVMQ.twitter
Jun 17, 2015 10:10:38 GMT -5
belle: ANother link http://on.aol.com/show/aol-build-518283063.440/518885684
Jun 17, 2015 10:13:22 GMT -5
wal: Stream is on for GMA http://www.ustream.tv/channel/adam-lambert-rocks
Jun 19, 2015 6:06:38 GMT -5
wal: Adam will be here soon: http://www.saturdaynightonline.com/pages/chat/adam-lambert.html
Jun 20, 2015 18:58:48 GMT -5